Linksys Velop Setup
Linksys Velop is a smart mesh Wi-Fi system which can be used and set up very easily. Linksys Velop is a high efficiency WiFi mesh system that gives an excellent Wi-Fi coverage to your entire home. Linksys Velop can be easily set up and can be executed in a few minutes. Linksys Velop mesh system includes the main router that connects directly with modem and series of nodes. These nodes are part of a single wireless network and shared the same password. This blog will be helpful to you for understanding how to update the Linksys Velop firmware and its setup process. Go through the following instructions for better understanding:
Linksys Velop - Initial Setup
To start the setup process you should have the Linksys Velop system, internet modem and an Ethernet cable. You do not need any computer system. Just install the Linksys Velop app on your mobile device and you are all set for configuring the device. Follow some below steps to complete the initial setup:
- Before starting up the setup process it’s important to download the Linksys Velop App in your Smartphone (Android or iOS).
- Then with the help of Ethernet cable, connect the Velop system to your modem.
- Connect the device in the power socket and turn it on.
- If you see the blue light displaying then the device is on and ready to go.
How to set up the Linksys Velop using the Linksys App?
- Open the Linksys app and tap on the ‘Launch Setup’ button.
- Here from the options select the Linksys Velop.
- To continue the process, tap on ‘Agree to term and conditions’.
- The Linksys app will now be looking for the primary unit on the network.
- When the Linksys app finds the device it will automatically connect to the main node.
- After the connection you have to choose the ‘Internet Connection type’ and enter the ISP settings manually.
- Now type the PPPoE username and password in the necessary fields and click on ‘Next’.
- On the next step you have to enter the Static WAN IP address.
- You will be redirected to create a Linksys cloud account. Create your account and enter the email address and password then click on ‘Login’ button.
- Now you are able to configure the ‘Wireless Network Settings’ of the device.
- After the configuration, select the location of the primary node or give a new name for it.
- The primary node has been configured now. If you want to add another node, click “Add Another Node” and repeat the previous steps.
Linksys Velop Firmware Update
- To the updation process of the Linksys Velop, firstly open the Linksys app on your mobile.
- For Velop dashboard Log in you have to use the default credentials.
- Now visit the ‘Menu’.
- Click on the ‘Velop Administration’.
- For the automatic updation process of the Linksys Velop firmware you can enable the ‘Automatic Firmware Update’ button. It will update the firmware whenever a new version is available.
- If you want to update the firmware manually, skip the last step.
- Ensure that the Velop system is powered on when firmware is updating.
Now we have covered all about the Linksys Velop Setup. If after that you are dealing with any problem or want to ask any query for the setup process or Linksys Velop firmware then feel free to contact us anytime. Dial the toll-free number or live chat through a live chat window.